By Marti Maria | February 6, 2021
Little CMS 2.12 released
I am glad to the announce the release 2.12 of the LittleCMS open source color engine.
lcms2-2.12 will add stability. Most of the new development has been done in fast float plug-in, now we have a integrated build system (a command line option in configure script) and more kernels, RGB to anything, and Lab to anything. The path “Lab to RGB” in float is specially useful. This release also recovers PDF for documentation, but at a reduced size.
Little CMS intends to be a small-footprint color management engine, with special focus on accuracy and performance. It uses the International Color Consortium standard (ICC), which is the modern standard when regarding to color management. The ICC specification is widely used and is referred to in many International and other de-facto standards.
- Added build system for fast-float plugin (see plugin documentation)
- Added new build-in sigmoidal tone curve
- Added XCode 12 project
- Added support for multichannel input up to 15 channels
- Fix LUT8 write matrix
- Fix version mess on 10/11
- Fix tools & samples xgetopt
- Fix warnings on different function pointers
- Fix matlab MEX compilation
- plugin: cleanup and better SSE detection
- plugin: add lab to any on float
- plugin: it can now be compiled as C++
- recover PDF documentation, but try to keep it under a resonable size.
- Prevent a rare but possible out-of-bounds read in postscript generator
- Fix some compiler warnings
- Add named color profile building sample to testbed